Important Notice:
This site has moved to AskAManager.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option, archives, or categories at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Monday, June 29, 2009

the #1 question your resume should answer

The vast majority of resumes I see read like a series of job descriptions, listing duties and responsibilities at each position the job applicant has held.

But resumes that stand out do something very different. Rather than just providing the job description, for each position they instead answer the question: What did you accomplish in this job that someone else wouldn't have?

Over at U.S. News & World Report today, I explain how to do it. Please check it out!

1 comments:

P.A. said...

I don't know if I agree with you in this case. It would be really hard to convince me that what you accomplished in the jobs you held other people wouldn't have.

It's a good idea to highlight your accomplishments, but I'm not sure framing them in a context of "only myself could have done that" is a good idea.