Here are some options to choose from, but it may be something else entirely:
- It sucks to feel like someone is scrutinizing and judging you, particularly when your potential livelihood is on the line.
- You're worried about your ability to answer questions well.
- Unexpected questions make you panic.
- Having flubbed interviews in the past, you've started to expect you'll flub them all.
- You're not even really sure you are qualified for the job, and you're worried that's showing.
- You need a job so badly that that fact alone is causing you to freak out.
- Something else?
I'd love to get your feedback on this in the comments. I'm thinking of working on something that possibly could help, but it all hinges on what's actually in your head when this happens.