Important Notice:
This site has moved to AskAManager.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option, archives, or categories at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Monday, May 4, 2009

what it's like to make a job offer

One of my favorite parts of my job is making job offers. It's a great feeling to call someone up and offer them a job that you know they really want.

Most candidates, when receiving a job offer, fall into one of these five categories:
- the excited freak-out
- the pro-forma delay
- the play-it-cool
- the sucker-punch
- the unexpected refusal

Over at U.S. News & World Report today, I explain each of these categories and which I like best. Please head over there and check it out!

1 comments:

BobbyG said...

"One of my favorite parts of my job is making job offers."
___

Well, I hope to shortly accord you that pleasure.

:)