Important Notice:
This site has moved to AskAManager.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option, archives, or categories at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

three years of Ask a Manager!

Ask a Manager turns three today. I have no idea how I've managed to keep finding topics to write about for three years or how you all manage to keep finding new twists on the questions you send in!

Here are some of my favorite posts from the last year:

Combatting unhealthy power dynamics during a job search -- the ones in your head

What bad job news were you later grateful for?

Help! I'm getting confusing and conflicting resume advice

Sometimes it's not about you

How to deal with employee performance problems

Which employee should be let go?

How do you survive without a job?

Everyone's favorite: Co-worker moonlighting as prostitute during work hours

And here's a link to some of my favorite posts of all time.

Thanks for reading me! I hope you stick around for another year.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting! love the blog.

Anonymous said...

More people should know about this blog! I'd suggest a TV show, but that might ruin the greatness that is AAM blog!

Congratulations on this milestone! Thanks for doing all employers and employees a service out there.

jmkenrick said...

Happy 3rd Birthday!

Ursula said...

Congratulations! I can't begin to tell you how much your blog has helped me. I haven't gotten work yet, but this site has helped keep me sane during my search. Thank you so very much!

Veralidaine said...

Happy blogiversary!

Unknown said...

Congrats and Happy Birthday.

Unknown said...

Congrats! Three years of great content. I must have missed the prostitution post the first time around. Definitely a classic :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy I found both you and Evil HR Lady. Your blog is terrific!

De Minimis said...

Congratulations! I first discovered AAM in fall of 2008. I had just begun my first "professional" job and was having a rough time of it. Although I can't say that the advice here saved my job, it did give me some insight as to what might be going on in my workplace [btw, virtually none of the 20+ people who started at the same time I did are there either.] I have been on the job hunt since last fall, but I can't tell you how many times I've brought up questions suggested here and had interviewers respond, "That's a really good question." I know that someday soon, all of the advice here will pay off for me. Thanks so much! I will always be a faithful reader.

Rebecca said...

"and many more..."

luv, yer longtime fan, Rebecca

Maggie said...

Congratulations on three great years and keep up the great work! I recently discovered your site and it has been amazingly helpful as I search for the next step in my career. Thank you!

The HR Store said...

Congrats! Look forward to many more years of awesome posts...

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Public Service Announcement:
Caution, this site may be addictive!

When AAM goes more than 1-2 business days without a new post I start suffering from withdrawal symptoms...

Pat Wood said...

Woohoo! Congrats on 3 years, that's quite impressive. Keep up the awesome posts they've been so helpful over ever since I came across your blog last year.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, AAM. Your advice is spot-on and I always come here first when I want a work question answered!

Faryal Humayun said...

Congratulations!

A lot of job seekers have learnt a lot about careers from this wonderful blog.

Jacob Share said...

Mazel tov on AAM turning 3, Alison. It's still impressive when bloggers get beyond the 1 year hump. 3 years seems like a decade. Keep it up!

Julie O'Malley said...

Three years of rock star advice! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

AAM - do you recommend people starting blogs on topics that are related to their career? You're interested in the management aspect and have written here. I was wondering what's your take on being a blog writer (or is it "blogger?").