Important Notice:
This site has moved to, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option, archives, or categories at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

update from laid-off reader -- being nice pays off!

Remember the reader from this post last month, who wrote in asking about whether she should send a thank-you note to her boss to thank him for the opportunity she'd had with him?

She just sent in this update:

I wrote to you on March 2nd asking if it would be proper for me to send a thank you note to my boss after getting laid off, because I felt bad for him/his company and I loved the job. Well I wanted to let you know it certainly paid off, because after 5 weeks off I was the first one hired back!!!! (And the only one so far.) Thanks.

What great news! This is awesome.


HR Minion said...

And this is exactly why you don't burn bridges.

Legal Secretary said...

Amen! Amen! Amen HR Minion!

Laurie said...

This is great news!!

Anonymous said...

I sent thank you notes to the two men who laid me off...hasn't paid off with a job or anything, but it opened the door of communication. I now feel I can meet with either of them and ask for advice, references etc. and I think they would recommend me for other positions within the corporation.